Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 June 2013

Service Post - Travel and Transcription


6/7 & 6/8 – Friday and Saturday
            Today was a travel and transcription day.  I awoke, took breakfast, packed, and headed to the station to take a trotro to Accra.  From Tudu station I walked for a mile then took a taxi to Amasama Road station, took a trotro, and was back in time for a late lunch at Joy family lodge.  I ended up spending all after noon and ALL of the following day indoors, transcribing.  In total, I’ve written 82 pages for my project, and I’m not even halfway done.  

            Between the storms and power outages, I take strolls down the road to buy fruit and water.  Everything I drink has to be bottled, including water to brush my teeth!  I’ve lost track of time after all this typing.  Although the trip to Sogakpe was incredibly productive, I can say that I didn’t realize how much work I’d have to do afterwards.  I’ve been spending a lot of time with the staff here at Joy; they’re a fun bunch.  For food, it’s the same every day – Typical egg sandwich breakfast, Chicken and rice for lunch, and spaghetti bolognaise for dinner.  Thank goodness for fruit juice and fresh fruit!  It will be nice to clear my head and set out on another adventure soon.  

1 comment: