Total Pageviews

Friday 28 June 2013

Another Long Haul


Friday, June 28, 13
            Like several other days here in Ghana, today was one dedicated solely to travel.  I awoke early at 3:30 AM and packed up for the 4 AM bus from Mole.  The bus that we had taken from Tamale to Mole “sleeps” at Mole every night and heads out at 4.  Once boarded, the bus only delayed about 20 minutes.  Of course, the road from Tamale to Mole is an all-dirt road, so it did take quite a while, about 5 hours.  


            Once in Tamale, the group and I hopped on a bus headed south to Kumasi – a longer ride than the Mole bus.  It wasn’t until after 6 that I finally made it back to the Justice hotel in Kumasi.  Having just returned from dinner, exhausted from several days of travel and 4 days in a row of waking before 6:45 AM, I’ll end this entry here.  Tomorrow I head to Cape Cost further south. 

No comments:

Post a Comment